Saturday, November 9, 2013
Added Jan 6, 2010,
Tell an adult. Sometimes you may have to tell more than one trusted adult.
Ask your friends to help you. There is safety in numbers.
Practice what to say the next time you're bullied with your parents, teachers or friends.
Stay calm and confident. Don't show the bully that you're sad or mad.
Ignore the bully and walk away.
Remember: Fighting back can make bullying worse.
Work with others to stop bully behavior; your whole school will benefit.
Remember: A lot of kids have to cope with bullying. You are not alone. No one deserves to be bullied.
Stand next to, or speak up for, the person being bullied.
Ask the bully to stop.
Comfort the person being bullied and offer friendship.
Walk away and get help.
Find an adult who can intervene.
Talk to an adult, like a teacher or parent, about how to get along with others.
Ask a friend to help you stop your bully behavior.
Apologize to the kids you have bullied.
Think about what it feels like to be bullied -- would you want to be treated that way?
Before you speak, think about whether your words will help or hurt another student.
Resist peer pressure to bully.
If you start to bully, walk away and find something else to do.
Remember: You don't have to like everyone around you, but you have to treat everyone with respect.
Monday, April 29, 2013
1) “When people hurt you over and over, think of them like sand paper. They may scratch and hurt you a bit, but in the end, you end up polished and they end up useless.” – Chris Colfer
2) “Life is a ﬁght, but not everyone’s a ﬁghter. Otherwise, bullies would be an endangered species.” –Andrew Vachss
3) “With ignorance comes fear – from fear comes bigotry. Education is the key to acceptance.” –Kathleen Patel
4) “All I wanted to do was go back inside to the library and read a book.I used to spend all my time reading books, or watching television. It was safe. Nobody ever was hurt or teased or looked stupid while reading books or watching television.” – Kathryn Magendie
5) “What if the kid you bullied at school, grew up, and turned out to be the only surgeon who could save your life?” – Lynette Mather
6) “Bullying builds character like nuclear waste creates superheroes. It’s a rare occurrence and often does much more damage than endowment.” – Zack W. Van
7) “The common mistake that bullies make is assuming that because someone is nice that he or she is weak. Those traits have nothing to do with each other. In fact, it takes considerable strength and character to be a good person.” – Mary Elizabeth Williams
8) “Often the right path is the one that may be hardest for you to follow. But the hard path is also the one that will make you grow as a human being.” – Karen Mueller Coombs
9) “When you hold people up for ridicule, you have to take responsibility when other people act on it.” – Jay Asher
10) “If there are no heros to save you, then you be the hero” – Denpa Kyoshi
11) “By the time I came out, that kind of stopped it. The bullying stopped when I claimed myself and proved that I wasn’t afraid. A lot of it was when I was hiding when I was younger.” – Randy Harrison
12) “Courage is fire, and bullying is smoke.” – Benjamin Disraeli
13) “The bullying was hideous and relentless, and we turned it round by making ourselves celebrities.” –Julian Clary
14) “Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else.” – Judy Garland
15) “It is our choices … that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” – J.K Rowling
16) “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
17) “He who knows others is wise. He who knows himself is enlightened.” – Lao Tzu
18) “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
19) “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” –Louisa May Alcott
20) “Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
21) “You can have no dominion greater or less than that over yourself.” – Leonardo da Vinci
22) “You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.” –Winston Churchill
23) “People who say they don’t care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don’t care what people think.” – George Carlin
24) “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
25) “Bullying consists of the least competent most aggressive employee projecting their incompetence on to the least aggressive most competent employee and winning.” – Tim Field
26) “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Tim Fields
27) “A lot of people are afraid to tell the truth, to say no. That’s where toughness comes into play. Toughness is not being a bully. It’s having backbone.” – Robert Kiyosaki
28) “I found one day in school a boy of medium size ill-treating a smaller boy. I expostulated, but he replied: ‘The bigs hit me, so I hit the babies; that’s fair.’ In these words he epitomized the history of the human race.” – Bertrand Russell
29) “You will never reach higher ground if you are always pushing others down.” – Jeffrey Benjamin
30) “Liston is like most big bullies, if you can stay away and make him miss for a few rounds he’ll get frustrated. Once you strip away that feeling of invincibility, he can be had.” – Rocky Marciano
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
Added Jan 6, 2010,
Thursday, December 20, 2012
Monday, December 17, 2012
Wednesday, December 12, 2012
Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Added Jan 6, 2010,
Monday, December 10, 2012
Sunday, December 2, 2012
Added Jan 6, 2010,
(10yr. old Rapper / Actor) Bentley Green uses his voice to let Bully's know that kids are not going to let them continue. Bentley wants kids to know that they are not alone and that they need to stay true to who they are.
This is a cover of Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine "Stereo Hearts"
'Stereo Hearts' as originally by Gym Class Heroes ft. Adam Levine
Written by: Adam Levine, Brandon Lowery, ; Benjamin Levin, Travis Mccoy, Daniel Omelio, Ammar Malik
Published by: EMI Music Publishing & Universal Music Publishing
LYRICS are below
Catch Bentley Green at the following ::
NO MORE PAIN
So you wanna bully kids and you think its cool
What if somebody bigger wanted to bully you
You like to push kids and make em hit the ground
Would you like it if somebody made you fall down
I don't i don't i don't I don't think so
You should think before you act and probably slow ya roll
In other words I bet you probably wouldn't like that
Kids if you see a bully you should stand tall
Never fear them cause they just wanna be ya'll
Never give up work hard do your best
People hate when they insecure about they self
Keep standing tall keep doing you
Never quit don't worry bout what bully's do 2x
Sometimes you win sometimes you lose
Sometimes you fall keep standing tall 2x
No more pain no more fear
I cant lose its my year