Thursday, October 25, 2012

Coz We Can, From Beating Bullying to Random Acts of Kindness-Alex Holmes





Alex Holmes - "Estimates suggest that half the population is bullied at some point in their lives. Bullying is alive in schools, workplaces, the media, parliament and society!
For me it was a real issue that was affecting generations, but where to start? I figured that because young people spend an average of 11,000 hours of their lives in full time education it was so important to use this time to shape their understanding of what it means to be a community.
My talk is going to look at some of the creative techniques I adopted to change my school and community, the barriers I faced, the success and how I now want to change the world... Coz I Can!"

Alex Holmes is 24 years old, from Milton Keynes and was bullied at school when younger. As a result he has made it his mission in life to prevent this happening to others. He's received 3 Princess Diana Awards, has made his own TV advert against bullying, introduced 'Smile and Compliment days' into schools and helped young people shape the world around them. He now runs The Diana Award's Anti-Bullying Ambassador programme and is looking to create a national programme called 'Coz I Can' that will build a network of young people who take over their local areas and high streets to carry out good deeds and bridge community gaps.



By The Bully Blog with No comments

0 comments:

Post a Comment

    • Popular
    • Categories
    • Archives